How is Carima responding to COVID-19?
South Korea was one of the first countries struck with COVID-19
before it spread worldwide. To overcome coronavirus pandemic as a
community, Carima listened and took action.
The full-face plastic shield protects the wearer’s eyes and prevents the spread of microbes and germs.
Carima’s engineers designed face shields that can be produced with any Carima printer.
The goal is to print and deliver at least 500 shields to communities in need.
Carima, with its fast printing 3D printer, pledges to respond to needs
and overcome COVID-19 together with all the communities around the world.
Materials in Face Shield
The shield frame is printed with Carima’s non-toxic CMYK resin.
Carima’s CMYK resin, inspected and certified PII : 0.2, has been classified
as ‘Practically Non-toxic.’
1. MODELING 2. 3D PRINTING
3. SHIELD FRAME 4. FACE SHIELD
Printing Guide(Total Time : 5hrs 45min)
- Print vertically and add supporters on the bottom of the output for DLP/SLA/LCD printers.
(z-axis : 173mm)
- Start printing.
- To print, use solid and tough resin. ex) tough resin
- Tie the elastic band in knots.
- Place the knot inside the provided hole on both sides of the shield frame.
- Wear the elastic band and adjust to fit by tying and untying the knot.
- After fitting the elastic band, cut out the rest of the band.
- Drill two holes(diameter 5mm), each 87.5mm apart.
Shield Frame Texture
The shield frames are printed with slight texture for the wearer’s convenience.
Certified Non-toxic Resin
Carima CMYK resin has been tested and certified as a non-toxic resin.
[ download face shield data ]